I recently updated my phone to a Samsung Galaxy note 10 +, and it has a good camera, so I challenged myself to create an artwork using only textures created from photographs I took with it.
I took over 240 photographs, then imported everything into blender and reversed the perspective distortion, packed everything into 2 atlasts by manually moving the individual image objects and rendering, and then I cleaned them up a bit in affinity photo.
I did a quick de-lighting by blurring the image, desaturating and inverting its values and then overlaying it on top of the original. This kept high-frequency details but removed all low-frequency features (mostly lighting and shadows).
Additionally, I used the 3D scanner app, which uses the ToF Camera and scans objects and faces in a few seconds instead of minutes/hours traditionally. Some details are lost, but it doesn't matter for a non-hero model. I also de-lighted it like I did with the previous textures, to make it fit more with the scene lighting.
It was certainly an interesting workflow, different from my more usual and classic game-oriented workflow. Despite not using the highest quality textures nor models, and with a challenge/constraint I imposed on myself, I created a good quality artwork, and I'm happy with it.
While it can be improved further, I have spent enough time on this one and I am considering done, for now at least. Who knows, maybe I'll revisit it and make it a part of an even bigger scene, but now I'm moving to other projects.